Friday, June 24, 2011

VBS FUN!

We have been enjoying Vacation Bible School this week at our church, or should I say that 2 of us have been enjoying it?!?

Actually she was annoyed with me for wanting to take "another" picture of them. She has been the first one ready to go each morning to get to Summer Explosion. (The 5th-8th graders get to experience a different VBS than the standard one consisting of crafts, snacks, games, etc. They worship together, then break off into their small groups for a devotion, then go to their activity. There are lots of activities to choose from including dance, board games, art, photography, golf, soccer, capture the flag, and cake decorating. Caitlin chose cake decorating this year and came home with a full-size cake today decorated by her!)

I was honored to be Harrison's Crew Leader this week which has been a lot of fun. We have learned a lot about the "Big Jungle" this week, and I have received lots and lots of hugs and kisses from my favorite boy!

I love VBS week and volunteering for it each year, but I am so happy it is over so that we don't have to get up quite so early each day next week!

No comments: