Tuesday, June 28, 2011

A Long, Long Time Ago

20 years ago today, I had the most life-changing night of my life--although I didn't know it at the time.
20 years ago today, I met the love of my life.
*This was us a few days later on a group date to the bowling alley.*

I had been home from a trip out West for about a week when my friend, Kim, decided that I absolutely, positively had to meet these new guys she had met while I was out of town. I told her no, I just didn't feel like doing anything that night. Well luckily for me, she came over to my house, picked out clothes for me to wear, and dragged me out the door to have a good time. We drove to UAH to hear a band play, and as we were walking up to the building she saw them getting out of their car. She introduced me to Joe, Marcus, Calvin, and most importantly, Randy. I thought it was going to be extremely awkward meeting these new guys, but it wasn't AT ALL! Randy and I hit it off immediately and talked and laughed instead of listening to the band. We ended up going to his friend, Marcus' house to play pool and continued our conversation there. From that night on, we were inseparable.


I am so very thankful to Kim for dragging me out of the house that summer night! But I really cannot believe that it has been 20 whole years since that fateful night!!

1 comment:

A Wife and a Teacher said...

How sweet!! We need to plan another girl's night soon! I want to come down there and go shopping before school starts back.