Sunday, November 22, 2009

Advent Workshop

Our church hosted its annual Advent Workshop tonight. For the first time, Caitlin performed with her Puppet Group. We also got to eat a yummy supper from Lawler's Barbeque, make a Blessing Jar, put together a Christmas ornament, and decorate a gingerbread house. It was a fun, but busy, night!

The puppets perform "I'm Getting Something Good"

Same song, but Caitlin's puppet (the Christmas present with the cross) is shown in this shot.

This is the Puppet Group performing "Do You Hear What I Hear?" Caitlin's puppet was an angel with brown hair in the middle of the stage.

They also performed "We Wish You a Merry Christmas." The elf second to the right of the stage is Caitlin.
This is the 4th Grade Puppet Team with their leader, Ms. Cheryl. Their other leader, Ms. Allison, was at the hospital with her newly adopted daughter, Gracie Lauren, who was born just yesterday!
Hugs for the star performer!

Busily working on the gingerbread house

"I wish I could eat some of that candy...."

Daddy hard at work on the gingerbread house.

Caught ya!!!!!!

Our family with the finished product

A close-up view of the Hollingsworth House

Caitlin and her friend and fellow puppeteer, Sarah. They have known each other since they were 3 months old!

1 comment:

A Wife and a Teacher said...

What fun!

My parents were here this weekend and we were looking through my wedding pictures. I have the cuteset picture you Caitlin, April, and Allyson dancing with Dad and I! She is getting so big. It makes me sad, she should not be that big yet! :-)