Friday, June 26, 2009

Ma Ma Se, Ma Ma Sa, Ma Ma Coo Sa

When I was in 5th grade, I put this poster up on my wall....



...and my Mom had a royal fit!!!! (she didn't care for the manner in which I had applied it to the wall) Anyway, it hung on my wall along with posters of Tom Cruise, Rick Springfield, and Karate Kid Ralph Macchio all the way through my horrific middle school years. My best friend, Kim, and I called up the local radio station and requested Thriller, just so we could tape it off the radio. Don't you know that was a great recording?! We played, rewound, and replayed that song so many times just so we could learn all the words to it. THEN....the video came out!!!! We didn't have MTV at my house, just the big 4 stations. So I had to go next door to watch it. I remember being in awe of it all!
I am just so sad this morning that a pop legend from my growing-up years has passed away. I know he turned into such a weird man these last few years, but I still feel like a part of my childhood is gone.

No comments: