Saturday, June 27, 2009

A Little Travelling Music, Please

After a little work this morning, we hit the road with Randy's parents (Grandmother and Grandaddy). I had found a little railroad museum while online one night located at Cowan, Tennessee, and I thought my little train enthusiast would enjoy going to visit the trains. It's located in a quaint little town right outside Winchester, TN, and as you can imagine, Harrison was mesmerized by the trains!

Posing with our chauffeurs in front of the main attraction
They wanted to go into the little red caboose so badly, but it is still being renovated.

We got to climb all over the trains!
After walking around the little town of Cowan looking at the trains and scenery, we were a little hungry. So Grandaddy and Grandmother took us to a place they have been to numerous times with their church group.

This is Miller's Grocery. It's actually a restaurant, and you have to make reservations to eat there (which we did from outside on the porch!). They serve home-cooked, Southern fare--YUMMY!! We ate chicken fried steak, fried green tomatoes, corn nuggets, cole slaw, fried okra-all that good stuff that is soooo bad for you!

This is a picture of all of us right after we had cleaned our plates but before the delicious desserts were served! I just couldn't get my camera out fast enough to take pictures of the food!
We had a really fun day today, and to think when I woke up, I thought, "What are we going to do today besides work in the yard?"



2 comments:

A Wife and a Teacher said...

You were so close to our house!!! We love eating at Miller's. Next time you need to give us a call.

You'll need to come to Bell Buckle at eat at the there. The Bell Buckle Cafe is owned by the people who owned J.Gregory's pizza in Huntsville- it was in the old mall there by the civic center. There pizza is good but I always get there meat and veggie plate- I think it's better than Miller's :)

Love my 2 BoYs! said...

Looks like a fun day!! I love going to little small towns like that, they always seem to have the best places to eat too :)