Friday, May 8, 2009

Living Room Tour

As you know by now, I am following along with Kelly's Korner blog and inviting you into my home for part of her "Show Us Where You Live" series. Today is Living Rooms, and here is a glimpse into my well-loved space. We spend a lot of time in this room. It opens into the eating area and kitchen, so a lot of activities happen here.

This is the view from the eating area. I collect lighthouses, and my in-laws gave us this entertainment center one Christmas so that I could have a place to display my collection.

This is the view from the entryway. This couch is so wonderful because it has recliners on both ends. It was a fantastic place to recover after my hysterectomy last Spring. We use our fireplace almost every night in the wintertime. It makes the house so cozy, plus Caitlin and Harrison love making s'mores! The little end table was my Grandmother's. It has a match sitting on the side of the rocker. That has been a well-used rocker for both of my babies!

A view of the fireplace from the eating area. I really don't know what to do with the mantel. I love displaying family photographs on the table. The ones out right now include my babies' 6 week portraits, our very first Christmas together picture, and the grandkids' Christmas portrait.

Our very favorite chair and a half with my 2 babies loving on each other on it. The ottoman is great because it opens up for lots of extra storage space.
Thanks for visiting!!


1 comment:

Heather said...

Your living room is so pretty!! I love the colors that you use! It looks great!