Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving Eve

Worship the Lord your God, and His blessing will be on your food and water. I will take away sickness from among you.
Exodus 23:25

I have clung to that Bible verse over the past week and a half. I found out on October 27 that the tumor on my carotid artery had grown back..QUICKLY! It was even bigger than when the doctor first took it out on July 27. So he needed to go back in to get it because he thought it might be malignant. Surgery was scheduled for Tuesday, November 15. I asked if we could do it later in the day so I wouldn't have to take off work, and they obliged scheduling it for 4:30 in the afternoon.
I was a nervous wreck when I left the doctor's office, but as soon as I found this verse in my Bible I calmed down. I really was not nervous AT ALL until the day of surgery. It didn't help that I couldn't eat All Day Long! Also I had my wonderful prayer warriors at my beck and call:)
The surgery went well, but the doctor wanted to wait until hearing the official results from the pathologist before telling me that we were out of the woods. I had to wait 6 long days until Monday, November 21 to hear if it was benign or not. Randy took me to my appointment where we heard the great, grand, and wonderful news that my spindle cell tumor that is almost always malignant was NOT!!!!
God is so good, and I have even more to be thankful for on this Thanksgiving Day Eve!!!!

No comments: