Sunday, December 19, 2010

Christmas With Friends

Our last event planned for Saturday was Christmas with our best friends at the Mayer house. We enjoyed a delicious meal of chicken and waffles, cheese grits, and pecan pie for dessert. Yum!

These two girls would do anything for me, just like I would drop anything and help them out too! I love them dearly and am so blessed to have them in my life.

Of course, we had presents to open after we ate!

Laura's son and my Godson, Alex, is in my First Grade class this year, so I got a really nice present from the two of them.

Of course Alex had to let us know how he felt about that platter! I love this kid! He is not afraid to let his feelings be known.
After supper and presents, the kids went to play and the adults sat down and played a game of Mexican Dominoes. Randy and I had never played before, but it was a lot of fun. Of course there are always lots of laughs when we all get together.
After the game, our fun night went downhill FAST!
All the kids were curled up in the den watching "Toy Story 3" when we got ready to head home. I picked Harrison up and noticed how hot he felt. As I got him into the light, I noticed lots of red welps on his face and arms. After inspecting him, we realized he had those welps ALL over his body! The thermometer also said his temp was 101!! Since we weren't sure what was going on, Randy and I left Caitlin there with the Mayers and rushed Harrison to the Huntsville Hospital ER. It gets worse...on the way there, he complained about his chest hurting, and I noticed him wheezing and gasping for air!!
We FiNaLlY got to the ER, and they rushed him back since he was having trouble breathing. The doctor quickly looked at him and ordered an Epi Pen shot immediately. Harrison also got a steroid shot, a breathing treatment, an antibiotic shot and a syringle of Motrin. We sat there while they monitored his heart rate, breathing, and pulse. It was amazing how all those welps just disappeared! After a few hours, we got to go home about 2:30 am with a prescription for a steroid and an Epi Pen, Jr. The ER doc determined that he had an allergic reaction plus an ear infection. Since we don't know what he ate or came in contact with that was different, I am almost positive he will have to undergo allergy testing--Yuck! But I am so very thankful that we live near such a great hospital with an excellent staff.
So that was not the ending to our busy Saturday that I had anticipated, but we have had a lazy Sunday where I have gotten a lot of present wrapping done and a lot of cuddling with my baby boy!

1 comment:

A Wife and a Teacher said...

What a fun night (except for the whole ER thing!). Glad he is feeling better. I can't believe Laura bought that platter for you!