Monday, July 13, 2009

Happy 50th Anniversary!

We celebrated my parents' (Ma-Ma and Pa-Pa) 50th wedding anniversary on Sunday with a fancy schmancy dinner at Ruth's Chris Steak House. As I sit here thinking about how much fun we had together and how delicious the food was, I realize just how blessed I am to have such a wonderful example of marriage set before me. My parents never ever fought in front of my sister and me and never let on if there was a worry in the household. They kissed good night every single night and usually held hands on our family neighborhood walks. Daddy always bought Mama a dozen red roses for their anniversary and took her out to eat at one of two restaurants: Boots or Fogcutter. I love them dearly, and I am so very happy that we were able to celebrate this important milestone together!


My parents on their wedding day--July 12, 1959, First Baptist Church, Eclectic, Alabama. She was 18, and he was 20 years old.

My parents on their 50th wedding anniversary--July 12, 2009, Ruth's Chris Steak House, Huntsville, Alabama

Look at that smooch!!!!

The entire clan together: Dana and Scott, their children Daniel & Stephanie, my Mom and Dad, Me and Randy, my children Caitlin & Harrison

My sweet family

3 comments:

Love my 2 BoYs! said...

Congratulations to your parents!
What an awesome example they set for you and that means alot. Remimds me of my mawmaw and pawpaw!

As for the collages go to www.picnik.com. I just learned how and its too fun!

~Jennifer

Love my 2 BoYs! said...

also check out photoscape to do photo editing and make collages

Donna Giles said...

Hey Beth, I'm so glad things went well. We love the family picture. Anna Beth was so proud to see that Caitlin wore her necklace and that it matched perfectly.
Donna