Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas Eve at Ma-Ma and Pa-Pa's

All the grandkids--Daniel, Harrison, Stephanie, & Caitlin


Woo-hoo!!!! An Alabama Flag!


Whoa!!!!!! GeoTrax Airport!!!!!!!



The Happy Dance of Presents!




Every year we go to my parents (a.k.a. Ma-Ma and Pa-Pa) on Christmas Eve to celebrate Christmas with my parents and my sister and her family. It always goes like this: open stockings, eat turkey and all the fixings, open presents, and then let the kids play while the adults talk. We always have a lot of fun especially because we are all together. The only sad note was my parents' dog, Chester, had just had throat surgery last week, so he was not feeling very well. After we left my parents' house, we went to our church's Christmas Eve service. Usually we go to the early 4:00 service, however we had to rearrange our schedule for my brother-in-law's work schedule. We were a little worried about taking Harrison to the service because he has never sat with us in the sanctuary before for an entire church service. Randy predicted it was going to be a natural disaster. We were very pleased with how well behaved both of our children were. When we went to the front to take Communion, (Harrison's first time) he looked at me, Alan (our Senior Pastor), and Alan's wife, Carla, and said, "I don't want to eat this!" It gave us all a little laugh. We then got to pass the gift of light throughout the sanctuary. It was so beautiful to see the sanctuary lit up with all the little candles. That is my favorite service!

No comments: