Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Caitlin's Special Day

Caitlin celebrated her 12th birthday on June 15. It amazes me that I have a daughter who is12 years old!! I just don't feel old enough for that!! (I guess she keeps me young.)
We started her celebration the minute she woke up.


Doesn't she still look so sleepy?!?
She couldn't wait to open her presents, though.


I found this cute sign at a little store, and I thought it was perfect for her room because we have said this to each other her whole life.


She also got a brand-new iPod with a cool cover, screen protector, and speakers.
After we ate her favorite breakfast of eggs, bacon, and hashbrowns, we got ready and picked up her best friend, Shanna.


Shanna came prepared with presents!


A gift card to Bridge Street!


And that is exactly where us girls headed after lunch!
All Caitlin wanted for her birthday was a day of shopping and a dinner out, Shanna incuded. No party this year! So we were more than happy to comply with those wishes!


After shopping, the girls got changed into some cute dresses.



We had to take pictures with our first-born on her special day.
Then off we went to her restaurant of choice:  Red Lobster.

We had to wait a few minutes for a table, so I got my picture taken with my handsome hubby!
After a delicious meal, the waiter brought out Caitlin's favorite part of the meal:

a special birthday dessert! Several waiters sang "Happy Birthday" to her too.
(I think she was a little embarrassed!)


Here she is with her new iPod.
Then at 9:28 p.m. exactly, we celebrated her official birthday-

with a special homemade carrot cake made by Caitlin herself!
(I felt bad that she had to make her own birthday cake, but she insisted.)


We had such a great day together, and I am so happy that she wanted to spend the majority of it with me!

No comments: