Thursday, February 2, 2012

I Can Actually Do Something Right!!

We are going through an extremely hard time at our house right now. It's called "I'm 11, but I Think I'm Old Enough to Know Everything!" We say prayers EVERY SINGLE MORNING AND NIGHT to survive this phase. And luckily, I do know it is just a phase. However, I am very, very worried how long this particular phase is going to last. I knew with her colic or 3-year-old stubborness or potty-training that it wouldn't last until she was in school, but this one may last entirely too long!

Well yesterday afternoon, she about made me wreck the car!! We were driving home from the grocery store and laughing about the crazy cheese lady who ran into our cart because she was in such a hurry to get to the cheese sale. (I thought of you, Allison!) When all of a sudden, she got quiet and says to me, "You know when I was home sick last week and you taught me how to figure out the circumference of a circle? Well, your way was sooooooo much easier than the way my teacher taught the rest of the kids." I am NOT kidding when I say that I almost drove off the side of the road! Lots of things ran through my head as to what to say to her, but I chose, "Thank you. That means a lot to me."

So maybe we've turned a corner and this phase is almost over! I'm not questioning it. I'm just relishing the fact that I actually remembered how to figure out the circumference of a circle and that my baby girl thinks I'm smart!

No comments: