Sunday, April 17, 2011

Spring Break Day 2

I'm just going to apologize up front and tell you that this is the longest blog post I think I have ever done! But I want to put most of my pictures up since I print out my blog into a book form. Day 2 of Spring Break was spent at Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure in Orlando. We had a Flex Ticket where we could go back and forth between the two parks. We also got to visit SeaWorld, Aquatica Water Park, and Wet n Wild with our tickets. It was a great deal! Me and my sweetie in front of the Universal globe Caitlin and Harrison also had their turn in front of the globe.
They got to meet Shrek and Princess and Fiona after we rode Shrek 4-D.

They also posed with Curious George and the Man in the Yellow Hat. Harrison was so excited to meet George because he collects stuffed monkeys.


The Penguins of Madagascar and Alex the Lion were also there.


Scooby and Shaggy were fun to meet!


In the Kids' section, there was a Woody Woodpecker roller coaster that both my kids thoroughly enjoyed!


E.B. and the chicks from "Hop" were even there! (We haven't seen that movie, so I don't think this meant a lot to them.)

After all that walking around, we were getting a little hungry so we stopped to eat at...

Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. It was delicious!


Then I got a picture of my 2 expert surfers before we headed to...


Yes, an entire area dedicated to Dr. Seuss!!! I was beyond excited!


And I think this was my favorite ride of the 2 parks!


Here are Caitlin and Daddy as they get ready to spin through the house.

Me and my little guy got to sit up front for this one.


Then Caitlin, Harrison, and I rode "One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish" together.

Then we got to meet the Cat in the Hat!


I actually got to dance with him!! Can't wait to put that picture up in my classroom!

And then we ran into the Grinch!!

After all that sweetness and fun, we made our way to...


They have a "River Adventure" ride that takes you through the park in a boat. At the end of the ride, you go down a huge hill and...


get really, really wet!!


We had to pose outside the ride with the beautiful scenery.

There is also a Comic Strip alley that we only walked through on this day. We did, however, find this funny sign...


After all that fun, it was definitely time to go back to our condo and clean up because we had another fun-filled day on the agenda for tomorrow!

No comments: