Sunday, April 24, 2011

Good Friday Business

On Friday, my First Grade class took a field trip to the Strawberry Patch. We had never been before, so we didn't know what to expect. Well, there were LOTS of big, beautiful, ripe strawberries!

They were the reddest strawberries I have ever seen!


Me and my prize student, Alex. He was a little scared of the bugs plus his mom was on a field trip to Montgomery with his sister, so he was my right-hand man for the day.


Walking through the patch looking for just the right strawberries.


My wonderful First Grade class with their buckets of strawberries


Also on Friday, Harrison had his Easter Egg Hunt with his Kindergarten class. Luckily we were just stepping off the bus at school as they started their hunt on the playground so I got to run out there and snap some pictures.


Look what I found, Mommy!


On the hunt for more eggs


With his sweet, sweet teacher, Mrs. Terrell

She had such a great idea for the Easter Egg Hunt. She labeled the eggs with a sticker with a sight word written on it. Each child was given a sight word, and those were the eggs they had to find. Harrison's word was "are", and he had a great time looking for just those eggs.





I even got to have my picture taken with the star egg-hunter!


What a Good Friday!

No comments: