Thursday, April 5, 2012

Wow!

I was given this wonderful devotional book when my Mama was diagnosed with cancer back in August. It has been a great addition to my morning routine.
I had a little extra time this morning, so for kicks I decided to look back on the day we received the horrible news that my Mama was going to die. It's amazing!

"Expect to encounter adversity in your life, remembering that you live in a deeply fallen world. Stop trying to find a way that circumvents difficulties. The main problem with an easy life is that it masks your need for Me. When you became a Christian, I infused My very Life into you, empowering you to live on a supernatural plane by depending on Me.
Anticipate coming face to face with impossibilities: situations totally beyond your ability to handle. This awareness of your inadequacy is not something you should try to evade. It is precisely where I want you--the best place to encounter Me."

And guess what?!? The entire situation that I have been going through has drawn me much, much closer to My Father God!

No comments: