Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Field Trip Day

I got to ride next to these 2 funny boys on their field trip last Thursday, April 5: Harrison and Davis. We went with the rest of the first grade classes to Bob Jones High School to see "The Wizard of Oz."
All the characters were there: Toto, Cowardly Lion, Scarecrow, Dorothy, and the Tin Man.
The sets were outstanding as were the costumes of Glenda, the Munchkins, and the Wicked Witch of the East.
And the students did a fabulous job of acting! It's just really hard for first-grade boys to sit still for that long! And I was right in the middle of 11 of them, so I heard a lot of, "When is it gonna be over?" and "I'm hungry!"

Thankfully right after the play was over, we went on a picnic lunch at Dublin Park. This is Harrison's class as they were eating their lunches.
They then got to play at Kids Kingdom to run off some of that energy before heading back to school.
Here are more of Harrison's friends: Jaylen, Luke, and Harrison P. (Yes, there is another Harrison in his class! What are the odds?!?)
We had a great time, and I'm so glad I got to go with my baby boy (although I probably shouldn't let him hear me say that!)

No comments: