Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Happy {late} Easter!

We really did celebrate our risen Christ--I'm just way behind on my blogging!
We started off our beautiful Easter morning by seeing what was in the Easter baskets.

Caitlin's favorite thing was the Adele cd, while Harrison was ecstatic to get a new Skylander figurine. We then ate our yummy blueberry muffins and headed off to church. Randy, Caitlin, and I are serving in the Preschool Ministry this month, so we got to share the story of Jesus with the preschoolers. It was an amazing hour that brought tears to my eyes as I watched those sweet little faces hear about the amazing thing Jesus did for us!
We then hurried home to finish preparing the turkey and all the fixings. We had a photo-op before eating.
Our special friends, the Aronsons, came over and shared in the special day with us so we got a picture of all the kids dressed up.
My precious family!
Look at my 2 sweet blessings! They look so cute all dressed up.
Two sweet friends--I hope they keep this friendship forever like their Moms!
Had to have my picture made with my sweet friend too!
The silly boys had had enough!!!
Then someone else showed up with more Easter goodies...
Pa-Pa!! We were so happy to see him!
We stuffed ourselves with some delicious turkey and dressing, green beans, sweet potato casserole, deviled eggs, rice, corn casserole (I know I'm forgetting something...), and yummy desserts!!
It was then time to hunt eggs.
They were all looking for the ones with money in them.
Now to see what we got!
Too bad this is the only picture I got of Grandaddy. Grandmother was so busy washing dishes that she didn't make it into any of the pictures!
Then it was time for the egg races. (Caitlin and Taylor had already changed into their dance clothes which is what they would prefer to wear all the time!)
We had a very full day with our family and friends celebrating our risen Saviour! Easter is my favorite holiday of the entire year, so I try to make it extra special for my family. Can't wait for next year!

No comments: