Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Spring Break at the Beach

So we decided to take a spur-of-the-moment trip to the beach for Spring Break. The kids actually had their Spring Break 2 weeks ago, so we had to take them out of school for 2 days to enjoy our Spring Break with us.
We had great weather, happy kids, and even better food to eat!
We even took Grandmother and Grandaddy with us! I hope my kids realize how lucky they are to get to vacation with their grandparents. I never did that! We just stopped at their house on the way to our beach vacations.
I really debated about them missing 2 days of school for such an extravagant reason. I prayed about it daily. But after having such a wonderful, relaxing time together, I decided that family is so much more important than learning new vocabulary words. And we did plenty of science as we looked for crabs and other sea life. Harrison and Caitlin read in the car, on the balcony of our condo, and in bed each night. So it wasn't such an uneducational trip after all!
I love my family, and I love the beach so it was the best of both worlds!!

No comments: