Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss!

Today would have been Dr. Seuss' 107th birthday. Wow! During his lifetime he wrote so many memorable books that are still as popular today as the day they were published. My favorite is still The Cat in the Hat. Amazing to think that there are only 60 words in the entire book!
Well today was "Read Across America" day, and we celebrated it BIG at my school.

To celebrate, I made cupcakes last night for Harrison's Kindergarten class:

And I heard they were pretty tasty. I hope so!

I then spotted Thing 1 and Thing 2 in the hallway:

Not really--it's only Harrison and his buddy, Russell.
After lunch, my class had two special visitors:

Two Huntsville Havoc hockey players came to my classroom and read One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish to my first-graders. They were very funny and made the kids laugh and laugh and not only at the book.

The kids absolutely LoVeD the guys! Maybe I have turned them into hockey fans:)
(Thank you, Amy, for helping me get them!)

So we have had a busy day and have now settled down for the night. Hopefully we'll have a less eventful day tomorrow.

No comments: