Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Remembering

On this day two years ago my life changed.
Not an outward, physical change but a deep-down emotional change.
This was the day that I had a hysterectomy.
Here's the story: I got pregnant in December of 2007 with our third child. What a surprise, but a tremendous blessing! However my doctor had relocated to Atlanta, so I had to find a new OB. So my very first visit to Dr. T was my 8-week check-up. Let me just say it was the absolute worst doctor visit in the history of the world! After taking my history, weight, blood pressure (all the normal doctor visit things), Dr. T and his nurse took me into the ultrasound room. This is where it all went south. He couldn't find a heartbeat. Talk about tears! Oh, and did I mention that I was by myself? They scheduled me a follow-up appointment for the following week, but that had the same result except he did find a large cyst on my right ovary. So I had to have a DNC the very next day-NOT FUN! When I returned a few weeks later for my check-up,the cyst had grown. Dr. T. watched this ugly cyst grow and grow for a month until he decided something needed to be done--surgery.
Needless to say I was scared and very, very mad to have this surgery. We thought we were not done having children, but God had another plan for us. It all went great-no complications during surgery or during my recovery. In fact the biopsy of the cyst came back fine which is exactly what we had prayed for. I just had to learn to trust God which was extremely hard! I also learned that I have an amazing circle of friends who will help out at the drop of the hat.
So thank you Cornerstone Sunday School class, my wonderful neighbors, my fabulous first grade co-workers, Laura, and Shannon for all that you did for me!! You will never, ever know how much all your prayers, cards, visits, and most importantly meals meant to me and my family!!
I also relearned what a great family I have! So really it was not the worst thing in the world but a learning experience which, I guess, is what God wanted me to learn!

1 comment:

A Wife and a Teacher said...

I'm so glad that you can look back now and see that it was all part of God's plan.