Thursday, January 29, 2009

The Glass is Half-Full

I am married to a man who always tries to see the glass as half-full rather than half-empty. While I think this is a great theory, and I try my hardest to subscribe to it myself, there are just sometimes you need to moan and groan! For instance...yesterday I was telling him how sad I was because my First Grade class was not going to get to take another field trip this year because the Central Office has pulled all the transportation money for the rest of the year due to proration. (While I understand this, it still makes me sad!) This is what he tells me..."Well, aren't you glad they took away field trips instead of someone's job?" Now come on people!!! Can't I be sad for one little minute for my First Graders instead of being happy that Bubba the Bus Driver still has a job?!

1 comment:

A Wife and a Teacher said...

I’m sorry! My class was supposed to go on a field trip Wednesday to Nashville but it was cancelled due snow being forecasted. We were told today that it can't be rescheduled because the place is booked up. My students are so upset.