Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving







We had a wonderful Thanksgiving Day! It started out with eating a big, home-cooked breakfast of chocolate chip pancakes. I knew we weren't eating lunch until around 1:00, so I was hoping the big breakfast would tide us over. Didn't work for the little ones! They still needed a little snack mid-morning. We pulled out of our driveway a little after 9:00 and picked up Grandmother and Granddaddy Hollingsworth for our trip to Helena. We had a car full of people, food, movies, snacks, and other fun things for the car ride. Luckily it was only a short one! When we got to Helena, Caitlin and Harrison were more than ready to jump out and play with Laci--my cousin Olivia's daughter who just so happened to be the flower girl at my wedding 14 years ago. It was so much fun to see all of my dad's family like we do every Thanksgiving. This year we got to take Randy's parents with us which was an extra-special treat. My Beautiful Aunt Bobbie and Uncle Joe were there along with my parents (Ma-Ma and Pa-Pa). My cousin Olivia hosted us all in her home. Laci was home from Auburn where she is a senior and about to do her student teaching in January. My sister and her family were not there this year because they were spending the holiday with her in-laws. We missed you Dana, Scott, Daniel, and Stephanie! It wasn't the same without you. I think we all ate enough to make up for you not being there, though. The food was delicious as always. It was a beautiful fall day, and we got to spend a good part of the day outdoors enjoying the sunshine. Caitlin and Harrison even got to enjoy Laci's old clubhouse and swing set that hasn't been used in years. They even managed to get Pa-Pa out there! Harrison got a little cranky at the end of the day and didn't want his picture taken, but that was the only blemish on our Thanksgiving. It just makes me realize how very much I have to be thankful for:



1. My family's health-We had too many hospital visits this year, and I am thankful that we had nothing more serious.



2. My husband



3. My beautiful children



4. My extended family



5. My friends



6. My church family



7. My home



8. Food to eat



9. Clothes to wear and wash (even though this is not one of my favorite things!)



10. The Lord above who provides them all






I hope you all had as wonderful a day as we did!

No comments: