Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Dentist Visit




Caitlin had to visit the dentist today. She went in for a cleaning back in October, and everything looked great. No cavities--Yea!! However, one of her bottom baby teeth had gotten wedged in between two permanent teeth, and the permanent tooth had started coming in already. I called the dentist last week and talked to the receptionist about it. She said that he would just look at it today, but when we got there today the dentist said that it looked rather odd. He said that it really needed to be pulled. I had told her this morning that he might pull the tooth. I told her my story about how when I was 10 years old I had four teeth pulled at once, and that it was really easy. She didn't get nervous until they laid her down and put "Mr. Nose" on her. Luckily they let her pick her flavor. (That's new! Back in the '80s, they just strapped it on you and it smelled bad!) And they let her take it home! She got really silly talking about how she sounded like Darth Vader. I was as brave as her--I didn't even flinch when the tooth came out! She was a brave little girl, and I was very proud of her. She started complaining when the feeling started coming back into her bottom lip. I fixed her some chicken noodle soup which she gobbled up, and of course, Harrison had to have some also! We can't wait to see what the Tooth Fairy leaves her tonight! We're hoping that since she had to go through all of that, she will leave Caitlin a bigger amount.

No comments: