Thursday, July 12, 2012

Driving Home..The Short Story

Before we left our nation's capital, we made a detour to the quaint town of Georgetown.
It was so cute!
I would love to live there (for about 2 hours, then the Southern Belle in me would be homesick!).
We ate breakfast at a local hole-in-the-wall that made the absolute BEST omelet I have ever tasted!!
Then we stood in line for about 20 minutes at this yummy spot:

Georgetown Cupcake
Caitlin had asked if we could go there sometime during our trip because she loves watching their show on TLC.

Look at all that goodness!!!
They were THE best cupcakes (even better than our local cupcake place!).
I would have liked to have brought the entire case home with us, but we settled for seven.
Why seven you ask?
Well, we made up our minds to get four--one for each of us.
But then with all the yumminess staring us in the face, we just couldn't decide!
(They barely made the trip home!)

Then we made a drive-by of the Pentagon since we were so close.

And then began our LOOOOOONG trip home.
I could bore you to tears telling you about how many times I had to turn around in my seat to retrieve a lost car, Lego, stuffed animal, or movie.
Or I could tell you how many times we had to play referee from the front seat.
Or I could just count on both fingers how many times we had to stop to go to the bathroom.
But, if you have children, then you probably know that all that equals about 9,845!!!
It was sooooo much easier driving through the night when both of my angels were sound asleep.
(One of the best things we have ever done, and we would do it again in a heartbeat!)


Regardless of how hard the trip home was, we had a fabulous time!!

No comments: