Thursday, January 19, 2012

Celebrating My Birthday

So my birthday was last week. I was not looking forward to it AT ALL!! Not because of the number I was turning, but because my Mama was not going to be here to help me celebrate. No cake, no card signed by her, no phone call singing "Happy Birthday Dear Beth."
Randy knew it was going to be a hard one without her here this year, so he planned a special weekend full of fun activites.
My sweet family started my day off with breakfast from one of my favorite places--don't laugh--Bojangles. I absolutely LOVE their spicy chicken biscuits!!! And their Bo-berry biscuits are one of the sweetest things you will ever put in your mouth.

I even had candles to blow out! The flowers in the right-hand corner were sent to me at school on Friday from my sister. It was such a surprise, but she wanted to do something a little special for me too.
We then shipped our kids off to various friends' and grandparents' houses and took off for the big city of Nashville. We always have such a good time there!
Before we go anywhere, we always look on "Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives" or "Best Thing I Ever Ate" to see if there is a local restaurant to visit. We found several for Nashville and picked 2 that sounded appetizing. The first place we tried was Martin's BBQ. Guy Fieri ate there, and it looked fabulous! I was really looking forward to this:


a Redneck Taco. It had a cornmeal cake on bottom, pulled pork, and their famous slaw and sauce on top. I just can't even describe how yummy this dish was!!


Of course, it helped that we were with these wonderful friends.


And their husbands too!
We all had rooms in Nashville where they gave me my presents and dolled me up so everyone would know what we were celebrating.


Here we are ready to hit the town!


We ended up eating supper at The Old Spaghetti Factory which was delicious. It was just a restaurant we stumbled across while walking downtown.
That's really all the pictures I have because I didn't want to have to keep up with my camera while out. but we had the greatest time together. I wish I had a picture of the restaurant we ate breakfast at. It was so good too! (Can you tell we didn't count calories this weekend?) I was sang to several times and got wished "Happy Birthday" by more people than I can count. It truly was one of the best birthdays I have ever had!! Thank you, Randy, for putting all of this together!

1 comment:

A Wife and a Teacher said...

What a fun night! I hope you had a very Happy Birthday!!