Tuesday, January 17, 2012

1st Tooth Gone! (And a Surprise)

In anticipation of Harrison losing his baby teeth this winter, we had this cute pillow made by "Gram" back in October.
Some little boy has been waiting, and waiting, and waiting to use it!

We noticed right before Christmas that BOTH of his bottom teeth were loose. We wiggled and wiggled every day, but they just weren't coming out! That is, until last Saturday, January 7. I had taken Caitlin to her extra dance practice, gotten myself and Harrison dressed, and was upstairs ironing when I heard Harrison running up the stairs yelling, "Look Mommy!!" He had a blank space at the bottom of his mouth!!! I screamed and hugged him and asked him if I could see his tooth.
Harrison replied,"I don't have it."
To which I said, "What do you mean you don't have it?"
H: I spit it down the drain.
Me: What?!?
H: Well, I was brushing my teeth, and it came out so I spit it down the drain.
We rushed down the stairs as fast our feet could carry us to try to find that tooth! I was hoping that he hadn't had the water on while brushing, and the tooth was just in the sink. NO SUCH LUCK!
Daddy was in the shower, so he said that he would look for it after he got dressed. No big deal-we just took a few pictures.

My sweet toothless boy!


Daddy had to take apart the pipe underneath the sink to look for the tooth. After dumping out the contents, we sifted through the bucket, and found the tooth!!!! (Excuse the mess, but we had to completely clean out under the sink.)


And here he is with that 1st tooth putting it in his little tooth for the Tooth Fairy to pick up that night!

So after all that excitement, we picked up Caitlin from dance, and went to eat some lunch. We had a few more errands to run so we spent quite a bit of time in the car that day. As we were driving home, Harrison says, "Here's my other tooth!" He had pulled the other wiggly tooth out too!! I guess he couldn't stand the way it felt.


So here is my 2 toothless big boy as we drove into the driveway.


And here he is placing the 2nd tooth of the day into that little bitty tooth!


I tried to get a picture of him in bed with his Tooth Fairy pillow, but he wouldn't cooperate with the flash on. And this is what it looks like when my camera takes a picture without the flash. Oh well! We have the memory.
So we had a very tooth-filled eventful day the first Saturday in January!

1 comment:

A Wife and a Teacher said...

Wow, he is keeping the tooth fairy busy! :-)