Thursday, December 8, 2011

Black Friday

Or I should say...Marathon Shopping Experience that Started on Thanksgiving Night!

Randy and I continued our annual shopping tradition of heading out about 7:00 on Thanksgiving Night to do some Christmas shopping. In the past, we have gotten all of our kids' presents on this night/day. We came very close to matching that accomplishment this year, but there were some things on Caitlin's list that just couldn't be bought at our local stores.

After dropping off Caitlin and Harrison at their grandparents' house about 7:00, we headed to our first store...

Both Randy and I stood in line until 10:00 for different wish list items. While I was waiting in line (on the floor), I saw several people from church, our neighborhood, and Blogger friends (Hey Jennifer!). It was really fun! We left there and headed to..


for some great deals.Then it was off to...

Let me just say that on this crazy night of shopping, our local Wal-Mart was much more tolerable and more organized than this place! We were shocked!!
All that shopping and deal-stealing had made us more than a little hungry (We hadn't eaten since lunch.). So we made our usual pit-stop at...


And the omelettes were just as delicious as last year! Let me just say that this is the only time of the year that we eat at Waffle House. It is much too greasy for me, but I make the exception this one time!

We were energized at this point, so we headed to...


to get a few more things on Caitlin's list.

It was a whirlwind night, but I haven't been so happy to see my nice, warm, comfy bed in a long time! I'm glad it only comes around once a year because this old girl couldn't handle that marathon any more than that.



1 comment:

A Wife and a Teacher said...

If the stores there were anything like the ones in Murfreesboro y'all are brave...and a little crazy! I just did not have the patience this year.so