Sunday, October 17, 2010

Harrison's Tate Farms Field Trip

Last week I had the privilege of going with Harrison on his first Kindergarten Field Trip. We got to go to Tate Farms Pumpkin Patch! Harrison was excited because he has been every year of his little life, but this time he was getting to go with his friends!
First we hopped on the hayride...

out to the Pumpkin Patch...

and found a perfect pumpkin! I asked him if he didn't want a bigger pumpkin, and he said, "No, I want this perfect pumpkin because I can carry it." Can't argue with that!
After the hayride, we stopped off in the cotton field to pick a little cotton.

Harrison didn't like the "sticky" parts of the plant. I am guessing he meant the thorns.
Then it was playtime!

Harrison and his buddy, Russell
We had to make time for a sweet picture of him and his Kindergarten Teacher, Mrs. Terrell.

He loves her so much for which I thank God each and every day!

There was also a little corn time.
On to pet the animals....

Harrison and his friend, Makayla, loved the bunnies.

And the puppies were so sweet and soft.
After all that, we got to sit down and enjoy a picnic lunch with all our friends.

Harrison and his friend, Kyla, decided to try balancing sticks on their heads after eating.
We had such a great day together! I am very thankful that Harrison wants me to come with him on his excursions. I know that day is coming where he won't want Mom around, so I try to treasure these days.

No comments: