Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Ruined Picnic!

I had planned on posting such cute pictures of our Sunday School class picnic from Sunday.

However those plans kind of went a little haywire!

The day started out nice...Harrison and I went to church alone leaving the sick Daddy and semi-sick Caitlin home. We worshipped together in our new sanctuary, then came home to change clothes. Caitlin was feeling better by this time, so all three of us headed out to the Serrano's for the semi-annual Sunday School picnic.

The weather was beautiful--just a tad hot!--and the fellowship was wonderful.

Then came the meal. It started out like any ordinary picnic meal--barbeque, baked beans, macaroni and cheese, chips, and lots and lots of yummy desserts. I decided to be the "good girl" and bypass the fattening desserts and go for the fruit. Little did I know that this fruit salad had peanuts in it! As soon as I bit into one, I knew! I knew that I was about to swell up like a Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade balloon. So I rushed into the house, got my purse and immediately took my Singulair hoping that it would do the trick. After a few minutes, I realized that I needed something more.
So instead of taking great pictures of my kids playing with their friends and me socializing with my friends, I got to hurry home to get to my medicine so I wouldn't have to rush to the hospital!!
Fun Sunday, huh?!?

2 comments:

A Wife and a Teacher said...

Oh, no. I'm glad you didn't have to go to the hospital. I hope everyone is feeling better now!!

one BleSSed gal! said...

Bless your heart...for a ruined day & for not being able to eat {my most favorite food} peanut butter :( I'm allergic to shellfish so I'm always super paranoid with salads & pastas. Hope everyone is better at your house now!