Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Is It Time Already?!?

No matter how much we have tried to deny it, summer is coming to an end and school will be starting very, very soon! While this happens every single year, this time it is different. My baby will be starting Kindergarten!!! I keep asking myself how this happened. How has this much time passed? I thought it was bad when Caitlin started K, but I blamed it on just having a baby, in the midst of moving into a new house, and ALL those hormones wildly raging! I really think this time is harder. Maybe it's because he's my baby, and when he starts K--he won't be a baby anymore!!
So we went to buy these....

and I think I teared up a grand total of 50 times at Wal-Mart!! I know buying scissors and crayons should not make a grown woman cry, but when you know your baby is going to use them to make an adorable Thanksgiving placemat, it just starts the waterworks!

I also decided I needed to start on my own classroom. I am continuing the western theme this year. Can you tell?!? Now this is my cup of tea. I absolutely love writing each child's name on their desk name plate in anticipation of our year together. I can't wait to meet each of these sweet little children!
I know it is going to be a GrEaT year! And I know I am going to be amazed at how much my children learn!

5 comments:

Kris said...

I can relate . . . my youngest is starting kindergarten in a few weeks also. Love the western theme in your classroom--too cute!

one BleSSed gal! said...

Kindergarten is so hard on Mamas...whether its your first, middle or last!!! I'll be praying for you :)

ps. Love the cowboys!

Love my 2 BoYs! said...

We are gonna go back to school shopping this week =( just cant believe its time!!! and yes kindergarten is hard on us moma's but im thinkin 1st grade is gonna be just as tough for me =(
good luck and have fun gettin your class room together =)

JMR said...

My son is starting kindergarten this year also... I'm homeschooling though so it isn't as hard on me but it still breaks my heart that he is of age to start kindergarten.

Katie Quiroz said...

I'm here from Jenna's Blog Hop. My oldest is starting Kindergarten in a few weeks as well. It's hard enough to see her go, I can't imagine when it's my baby's turn! I think the western theme is adorable!