Monday, April 5, 2010

Our Easter Celebration

We began our Easter morning by searching for Easter baskets as soon as Caitlin and Harrison were awake.

Surprise! They were by the front door.

Checking out all the cool stuff

Caitlin got a new pair of flip-flops, fuzzy posters to color, a new DS game, and candy in her basket.

Harrison got a coloring book, crayons, a movie, a new DS game, and candy in his basket.

We then ate breakfast, got ready, and went to a wonderful service in our new Grace Building at church. The service was so uplifting! And my sweet, sweet boy really got into the worship. On the last song he held his hand up to the Lord while singing a beautiful song! It's so amazing to see my kids worshippping our God.

** This picture is out of order--don't know how that happened!**
My parents fill these Easter baskets each year for the grandkids.

One of the many pictures they let me take before we left for church.

Our sweet family ready to worship and celebrate Jesus' resurrection.

The Easter Bunny always leaves a stuffed animal in the car for Caitlin and Harrison for them to find as we are on our way to church. Caitlin got a pink bunny...

and Harrison got a purple bunny just like it.
After church we came home to finish the preparations for our annual Easter Lunch with both sets of grandparents and my sister's family.

All four grandkids--Daniel, Caitlin, Harrison, and Stephanie--with their Easter baskets from Ma-Ma and Pa-Pa.

The HuGe 22-pound turkey that I was forced to get when I did our last-minute shopping on Thursday. Funny story--it was so heavy that it shifted in the back of the car on the way home from the grocery store. So when I opened the back of my Explorer, it fell out onto the driveway. I was a little worried that it would have a big brusie on its backside. When Randy took the wrapping off of it Sunday morning, I asked if it had a bruise. He said, "No, but you broke a wing off." Ha-ha!
After eating, it was time for Pa-Pa to hide the eggs.

Randy got the prize egg! The kids did NOT think that was fair!!

Harrison and his basket full of eggs he found.

My niece, Stephanie, on the hunt

Counting to see who got the most eggs
We had such a fun, blessed Easter Sunday with our wonderful service at church and spending time together with our family. I hope your Easter was just as great!

No comments: