Saturday, April 25, 2009

Target Trip...ARRRGGHHH!!!

Ever have one of those trips to Target, Wal-Mart, Kroger, etc. that just went WRONG?! Well, yesterday was my day to have it! Harrison and I had to make our weekly Target run while waiting on Caitlin at Dance. Normally this is a pretty routine trip where we just make our way up and down the aisles wasting time. It started out that way...then when I told Harrison we needed to leave the toy section, he melted!! So I just calmly placed him in the cart and went on my way (with him screaming at the top of his lungs). He finally calmed down and was just whimpering a little UNTIL we got to the checkout. I wouldn't let him press the buttons on the credit card machine! I wasn't even paying that way--I had cash!! I kept ignoring him and I thought the checkout girl was going to have to put her hands over her ears. Well...we finally get to the door. WHEW!!! I decided not to take the cart out into the parking lot, so I got my bags out and proceeded to put the cart back in line. Harrison says, "I get out myself." I say to this, "Um...no. It's a long drop from the top of the cart to the floor and you'll crack your head wide open when you fall!" Another round of screaming starts! So I grab him up like a sack of potatoes and out we go. I am sure they were very happy to see me leave the store! So yes, Heather, I have frustrating days too with my children out in public!!

2 comments:

Heather said...

Ask Allison about her fun in Target this week. What was it with Target and little boys who wanted to pitch fits????

Melanie said...

Everytime we go into Target, we have at least 2 meltdowns. It must be something in the air at Target. Little boys do not like Target (which is too bad because I love Target!)