Thursday, September 3, 2009

The Incident

I got the phone call this afternoon that every parent dreads..."There's been a little accident at school." Thankfully it was nothing serious, but it still caused my heart to skip a beat! Apparently it was basketball time in the gym, and Caitlin was standing behind a boy who did not know she was there. When he rared the ball back to throw it in...BAM! It hit her square in the eye! It was purely an accident, but one that makes my beautiful baby girl look so sad.

She's really fine. But to make sure, she requested a meal from Burger King tonight along with dessert! It didn't break her glasses, thank goodness. When I got to the school, it was pretty swollen. But with lots of ice packs, it has gone down a lot. I am sure it will be very, very purple in the morning. Her daddy told her to tell people, "You should see the other guy!"

No comments: