Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Harrison's First Day of School!

My baby boy started Pre-Kindergarten today! He has not seemed excited AT ALL to go to big school until this morning. He was up at 5:00 am asking, "Is it time to go to school?" We took pictures before leaving the house....

No tears yet (from Mommy)!

Daddy and his big boy!

Ready to walk in the door with a huge smile on his face! Can you tell he's excited?

Walking into his classroom carrying a basket of goodies for the teacher :)
And then the tears started..for Mommy!

"Bye, Mom!"
That's all I got!!! No kiss goodbye, no last hug, no "I love you." I know I should (and I am) be very thankful that he was so confident and excited and did not cling to my leg crying, but it was still so hard walking away and leaving him in that big classroom. The good news...I am right down the hall! And yes, I called his teacher once today to check on him, and I got to peek in on him during lunch. Oh yeah...I got to eat snack with him too! So I really shouldn't complain!




No comments: