Saturday, December 31, 2011

Christmas Eve 2011

We had a very busy Christmas Eve. Caitlin, Harrison, and I started the day by baking our annual Santa cookies. We made so many that we shared some with our neighbors. Then I got busy cooking in the kitchen for our Christmas Eve dinner over at Pa-Pa's house. We took our yummy vegetable dishes over to his house, then made our way to church for the 4:00 Christmas Eve service. I was excited to go to that because it's my very favorite service of the entire year. This year was even more exciting because we got to experience the service in our Grace building. Last year was the first year the Grace building was open, and there was no 4:00 service held there. It was every bit as moving as I had hoped!
Then it was off to be with family.

Annual Christmas Eve picture of the cousins (plus Wally the dog!)


We started off opening stockings. These are so special because Ma-Ma sewed their names onto each one.


They found lots of goodies in them!
We then took a break and started eating. We had turkey, ham, cranberry sauce, green beans, corn casserole, sweet potato casserole, and I know there was more on the table that I am forgetting!
After stuffing ourselves, it was present time!!


Randy was more than pleased wtih the money he got!


Caitlin was super excited to get gift cards (which we have already spent!).


Daniel was happy with the Under Armour toboggan we got him. I like this picture because it shows that Uncle Scott was really there. (For some reason, he didn't make it into any other picture!)

Stephanie is such a crafty girl that she was more than happy to get a gift card to Michael's to buy craft supplies.


Can you tell Harrison loved his Big Al pillow pet?!? He has slept with it every night since he got it!

Pa-Pa suprised us with matching Bath & Body Works sets.


And here is my sweet Daddy and sister with me!
We reluctantly left my Daddy's house to go home to get ready for Santa.


After changing into pajamas, we left our cookies and milk out for Santa.


And my precious babies actually sat and posed for one more Christmas picture.
Then it was off to bed to wait for Santa!!

No comments: