Saturday, January 2, 2010

Friends Then and Now

I had the greatest group of friends in high school! We were all part of my church's youth group, and we were stuck together like glue (as my dad put it!). I have so many great memories with these girls. (There were some guys too!) We went on Mission Trips together, Choir Tours, and many, many Sunday Night Fellowships. There were also the sleepovers at each other's houses and Friday night get-togethers. When I think back on it, I have such a smile on my face! After high school graduation we went to different colleges, but we still saw each other at Christmas and Summer Breaks. Then after college we got married (most of us were in each other's weddings) and took off on our new adventures as newlyweds. We then threw each other baby showers to welcome our new additions. Now it is not uncommon for us to talk only once or twice a year or see each other's pictures on Christmas cards or Facebook.
Well today I got the chance to eat breakfast with 2 of my oldest and dearest friends! Jeana has moved to Texas but was back visiting family for Christmas. Chanyn lives only 30 miles from me, but she is busy with her 2 boys like I am busy with my 2 children, so we don't see each other nearly enough! We had so much to catch up on, and believe me--we did! We laughed and realized that we are all pretty much the same except for some wrinkles!
I found this picture after I got home this morning:

This was taken the morning of our church's Senior Sunday 2 days before we graduated from high school. Kim on the left lives in Pelham, so she wasn't able to join us this morning. :( Then there's me, Jeana, and Chanyn.
Fast forward 20 years to today:

Me, Chanyn (in glasses), and Jeana (When we looked at the picture the waitress took of us, we realized she must really be proud of that picture on the wall!)
Thanks for a great time this morning, ladies!!! I miss you and can't wait for our next meal together!

No comments: